Does it bother you when your dh/so likes looking at "hot" women on tv especially while you are in the room?

I don't even know why this bothers me. Its not that I feel bad looking myself. I don't think i'm insecure(or am I) but I feel somehow disrespected. Not to mention I feel like dh puts way to much importance on looks. when it comes to women anyway. I don't even think he realizes how he is. I do wonder if I'm being ridiculous about this subject.Its tv after all not a real person. I hate that he does this in front of my 14 year old son. I don't want my son acting like that! For some reason though those spike tv shows that flaunt hot women, girls gone wild, and the like gets on my nerves. I don't even know why other than all I can think as some girls going oooh look at me, I'm so hot. So much more important things in life than that. So much more to a a woman than that, Guess I want my dh to mature up and quit acting like a 14 year old in heat, lol. What do you think, am I retarded or are other wives/so a little perturbed by thier dh's tonque hanging out everytime a tiny booty, big breasted cutie pops up on the TV screen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow! I'm speechless.

Thankful that my husband doesn't act that way
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't know. personally I think it's just a guy thing, but then again I'm not one to look away when an attractive male is on TV. I oogle like a school girl when Rob Pattinson or someone else I find attractive is on tv. It's just being silly though, it's not like I fantasize about them or even have a second thought about them when I don't see them, so I just assume my husband is the same way.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yeah. That would bother me, too. Women need to keep their bodies for their own man and quit showing it all...It's pretty nasty if you think about it.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Hard to tell by your post....

Does he make rude comments: look at her boobs! wow she is H_O_T! Id like to get me some 'dat! (he is immature... but Im sure you knew that when you married him... Im sure he didnt wake up one day and change)
    Or
    Does he say: she is pretty (then you are insecure)
    Or
    Does he say: son what do you think of her... pretty hot huh (then he is feeling out your boy... maybe just talk to him about appropriate guy talk vs. being respectful)
    Or
    Does he
    Anonymous

• I point girls out to him, so it doesn't bother me. And he doesn't mind if I say how fine a guy is. They're celebrities so it's all in good fun. Now if he's drooling at the mouth about a girl that walks by when you're out, enough that she notices, I would have to check him. Thats disrespectful!
    Ttcbabyclegg

Answer by Ttcbabyclegg at 11:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• To clarify my post...he does say joking comments like nice boobs but most of the time i walk in and he's just stopped the channel there and is just staring. Sometimes we'll be watching tv together and he'll just stop the channel there and i'm thinking does he really think I care to see this? I guess today I felt uncomfortable though because my son was in the room while he was watching a mild hot women show(no girls gone wild but showing a bikini clad woman washing the car, bending way over, mouth open, you get the picture) and I just feel that I want my son to see woman for more than that low class stuff and I wish my dh would not only realize it may be rude to me (or is it?) and that he's not helping our son to be a decent guy to his own wife when he grows up. Not trying to be a prude, but I'd just rather my son see women in a different way than that and I feel like well what the hell am I over here, chopped liver??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• 1) is this new behavior? If it is I would question why.... I mean actually question him.

2) If this is not new behavior... then you knew what you were getting and you now have to deal with it.

OR

3) do you think you are just more sensitive? If so, why? Are you not happy with your body?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• never thought of that but maybe it is new behavior(not real new,few years,) either that or I just don't remember. We've been married 17 years. I don't think I feel bad about myself. For my age I've been told I look pretty darn good. My body isn't what it used to be but I'm 37 and I weigh 115 pounds and am often told I look young. Not that any of that is that important to me. I like to look good but I tend to see things more from a realist point of view, I love myself no matter what i look like and I look at other people for the people they are not what they look like. I just feel disrespected I guess. Its more to do with his inconsideration than with me wondering if he thinks this woman looks better. I mean thats natural, even I have an opinion on whether a guy is hot , I just don't rudely comment on his package to my husband. I suspect I am a very sensitive person though. Just wondering if I am being too sensitive
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Have you TALKED to him about this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would not and do not consider it rude/disrespectful to me in any way shape or form but.......my SO has a son who is 14 and he is a horrible, misbehaving and disrespectful being to many people including his father most of all but.....never has been directly towards me at all ever. IDK, maybe he senses that I would tell off his fat little ass if he ever did. I have already told him that I do not appreciate the way he speaks to and treats his father and asked him never to do so in my presence!! With that said though, I believe that ur man has a responsibility when ur 14 yr. old child is in the room to keep on flipping the channel or at least make the choice not to make the crude comments in the presence of your teen whom I am sure you both realize by now will certainly take his cues about social behavior from his father, especially at that age!!! I am usually the first to comment on a hot bitch i see on the tv, BUT.....
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2011