Dh's chewing grosses me out!

He's across the room and I can hear him chewing his food. Not just crunching but like he's got a sloshy mess of goop in his mouth. He always chews this way and I don't like it, it grosses me out!
Sorry more of a vent, but it's nasty!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I understand. My husband has a nasty habit related to your husbands, but I'm not going to get into it. Try to ignore it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• ew. I can't stand hearing people eat or seeing people eat who don't keep their mouth shut. Sorry but if a guy did that he wouldn't have become my hubby!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Oh his mouth is closed but I can hear it!!!
    And either love is blind and get's is sight after a while of he just started doing this a few years ago. He never did this when we were dating or first married, unless I had instead of love goggles love ear plugs!
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Gross. My husband chews at his nails and the skin around his nails. YUCK.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Every time I hear someone say that a noise bothers them, it reminds me that doctors and psychologists say that an exaggerated response to a sound shows your own stress. For me, it is 100% true. When I am already stressed or pissy, hearing sounds like that REALLY bother me a lot more than if I'm relaxed and happy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I know how you feel. My dad smacks his food and talks with food in his mouth. Very gross!!!
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Mom-2-3-Girlz I agree, I was annoyed a but with him but his chewing has really become an issue in the last few years. I try to not sit close to him when he's eating so I can't hear it much and welcome the chatter at the table to distract me.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• play some calming music at mealtimes!
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 5:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2011