Do you get along with yo in laws...

My in-laws suck cause he is a momma's boy...they known me since I was 13..now im 31..everythg was cool untill I started going off on him cause of him being disrespectful to our relationship....
So now I dont go around there nd the kids barely go too...
I used to be so nice to them untill they started getting in my business...
But I blame the hubby cause he shldnt put em in our business ...

Yogi31

Asked by Yogi31 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope. Cant stand my in laws. They are nice to your face and talk shit behind your back.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• LOL... "yo" "known me" "being disrespectful" "getting in my business"

hummmm....

Yes, I get along very well with my in laws. I made sure that I met them and liked them prior to getting serious with my husband. They are respectful of us and our relationship. I welcome them into "our business"... they are part of our family and treated as such.
    Anonymous

• The first two years of my marriage I didn't get along with my mother in law but now we have a good relationship. She is still scared of me for some reason though....and my "father in law" I am iffy about, I keep him at a distance plus he is not my husband's biological father so I don't really even call him my father in law actually, just my MIL's husband.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Lol @mommy u are so right....
    Anonymous what I say wrong???
    Yogi31

Comment by Yogi31 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I get along with them real well but I can only stand them for a short period of time.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 11:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• no i cant stand them! they r always calling for money!! drives me crazy! its never oh how r the kids! no its hey our cable is getting turned off or we cant pay our bills blah blah blah!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• you just didnt sound like a 30 something woman.... you typed it like a teenager.
    How many grown women say "yo" "known me" being disrespectful" "getting in my business"
    Just made me giggle that is all.

Is this something that recently changed for the two of you. Or did he always tell his parents what your issues were?
    If you have known him since you were 13 am I to assume you have been dating since you were that young?
    If so, perhaps they simply view you as their child too. I met my in laws when I was an adult... they have only ever known me as an adult. So they dont parent me or treat me as a child, they treat me as the adult they met.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Aww thats cause I'm being myself talking nd thats how I talk...now catch me on a business day or see me in person...no I dont look 30 nuthg or not talking like this a different act....lol nd im really trying to prevent from crussing...but anyway...

If they feel like that I would apperciate that better then for them to treat me like I'm some new chick...
    Yogi31

Comment by Yogi31 (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I usually do, but my MIL is pissing me off this week. I just had our third baby Sunday and we now have 2 in diapers. It seems so much busier than when we brought home our first 2. He went to her house to mow the lawn and she handed him a list of things she wants him to do for her tomorrow. He said it is at LEAST one full 16 hour day of work. Excuse me...just gave birth here...ummmm...lady I'm going to need you to wait!!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My in laws are awesome!

That said, I am glad my mom doesn't live near enough to see me every weekend. Ignore negativity and work on you and your DH's relationship. In order to have a good relationship with in laws on both sides, you have to have a united front. My mom bashed my DH at every turn, until I had to stop talking to her altogether. When me and DH could sit her down and explain that we are married and our problems will stay between us, it got a lot better.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 12:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2011