im tired of not get any respect at work

ok im am the youngest person at my work, i started working part time here while in school and pregnant, got hired full time after my son was born, been here over a year, im pregnant again, i do 3 peoples job since company has laid off, and i dont get paid what i should. how can i let people know im not happy without being mean

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 8:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• Well, thats a growing trend....Doing the work of 2 or 3 people, I mean. In the slumping economy, many companies are doing that. Is your boss approachable to the point that you could ask for a slight raise because of your new job descriptions? That would still save them money in the long run. As far as respect.....well....you can't make people respect you. Its up to them if they choose to do that, but you don't have to put up with nastiness. Just do what you are asked to do and hold your head high. Sometimes, respect is something that doesn't just come...it takes a while to be earned. It sounds like youre doing everything your supposed to. If you are happy with your job performance and feel like youre doing the best you can...then it doesn't matter what they think. I would talk to your boss about being overworked though and be honest about how you feel...respectfully.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I work form home and am doing well with it. If your tired of work then maybe you should consider working from home and I can get you all the information you need. Send me a message and i will get you all the information i can
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 10:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's life in the real working world, unfortunately. You just suck it up and realize you need to work to support your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I think you should just support your family in another way. there is no reason why you should be disrespected!
    I am a Pure Romance consultant and our company has been around for over 15 yrs. Our founder is a single mother of 4 and started this business in her basement. I make on average about $400 a party and I get to stay home with my son because I only work weekends. If you want to find out more, view my journal "FAQs". I cant go back to a normal job because I love PR! We have kit specials every month too!
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 1:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2008