no more shots?

say you started giving you kids shot and for reasons you dont want to do it anymore... how do you tell your doctor? has this happened to anyone befor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• No. I dont know of any reason to stop giving the baby/child shots. There are good reason why they get them and if my pediatrician says our girl needs them, then i know i can trust the doc.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I did this, but I have a doctor that had only done one set of his previous shots, so when I told the nurse NO, they were very understanding. We don't do MMR, Chickenpox, rotovirus, flu, gardasil, or anything else that can be prevented with healthy immune systems. He was okay with it. A lot of moms dont usually come right out and say no, they just say they are delaying or they are going to do it on another day and then they don't. I think honesty is the best policy, but be prepared to be given the third degree. There are some docs that are great and some that are bullies. You don't have to give them your reasons. Just refuse to discuss it. Thats your right as the mother. They may ask you to sign a waiver releasing them from liability. Be prepared for that too. Best wishes!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i was asking do people think its ok. i wanted to know what do i tell my doctor i have my reasons but i feel weird changing my mind i wasnt 100% sure about what to do at first and now i dont want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh one more thing....The reason my doctor was so understanding is that he is a firm believer in parental sovereignty and he knows I know what I am doing. He trusts my judgment and he knows that I know that he doesn't know everything. If that makes sense...LOL. I don't place him on a pedestal. We work together to solve problems. He knows I have been a mother for a long time and have experienced many things. Most things I don't even take the kids in, I just solve the problem myself with what I already have. Because of that....he didn't say a word. Now if this had been a newer mom with a younger baby and he didn't feel comfy with her decision making skills, he might have been a little more pushy. That was basically what he told me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:48 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I do not vaccinate. Check out the vaccine book by doctor sears. It has excellent info and is non-bias and helps you decide which choice is best for you. Vuck Faccines...they kill.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:49 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Youre entitled to a mind changing. Really you are. If you have your reasons, then you have your reasons. If you want to share them with your doctor, then fine, but most of the moms in my no vax group are very adament against giving them anything to use against you. If you say no, whether your right, wrong or otherwise, then you say no. End of story. If you are nervous about a confrontation, then just refuse to discuss it. Thats the best bet. Also remember, they don't have to see you as a patient either. Doctor/patient relationships are two way street. Some are really funny about this. Cover all your bases.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:50 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• do you have a hard time getting your kids in school i was told your kids had to have them to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• one more thing. i have a 4 year old with all the shots. but with everything i know now i dont want my 5 month old to get anymore. so i feel scared to say something because my 4 yr old is fine. I feel like they will think im crazy lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have just recently decided to stop vaccinating, I have some information I'd be happy to share, and something that might help get things through to your child's Doctor, so please send me a message!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Go get shots. In europe they give shots at home. Please let us not get so poly poly it is for the general helath of the child to have the best in healthcare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2008