Do you take it to the Lord?

When trials hit your marriage, do you take it to the Lord and trust Him with the results or do you tend to try to work things out yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would like to say that I take all problems to God first.. Sadly I do not.. Though I am working on it, and learning to seek God first in all things, I do still try to fix things on my own.. I have to remind myself constantly that God should not be considered as a last resort..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 12:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I used to take it to him but, since nobody was there, I always ended up having to work things out myself. Guess I did alright. 43 years of marriage and counting.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I believe that God gives to those who help them selves. I will ask for guidance and strength... but Im not so selfish as to think God will do it all and I can just sit back and wait.  I KNOW that I must participate in my own life.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Nope.  My husband and I are atheists and we don't have any problems in our relationship.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Um... we figure out what the problem is, way the options and fix it. There is no need for anyone to 'take it to the lord'- use your own intelligence, have faith in yourself and above all, try talking it out with your husband/wife/so.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yep! First thing I do when dh and I have an argument or disagreement is pray about it and trust in the Lord that through Him my dh and I can work things out.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I ask God for wisdom, compassion and patience. Then I work through the issue with my husband
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Why? What's HE gonna do?

I take my problems to the Lady.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i do not but maybe i should i just have trouble with bringing things to him b/c i have so many things that have happened to me in the past when i was little that makes me question wether or not he is really listening
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes, I take everything to the Lord. I recently took a lot of things to him. I had stopped praying like I did and felt bad and down. I ask for guidance and strength. I do feel like he listens, and sometimes he doesn't give me the answer I may want, but I'm okay with that.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 12:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2011