Did you go on a hospital tour before delivering? What was it like and when did you go?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes i did and i had a wonderful experience and the hospital was so nice that i went to i got really spoiled
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We did with our first because we had never been to the hospital. It was interesting, and put my mind at easy knowing where I would be having our baby and staying. Plus knowing all the security that was in place was nice to know too...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I didn't for my first, but I did for my 2nd, even though I knew what to expect it was a good refresher and the nurses were really nice. The tour was short and simple, but explained what the room would be like, what to do if you needed anything, where the babies would be when they weren't in the room with you (forgot what the room is called), visitor hours, and answered many questions, it was great and I'd recommend it.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 12:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I went for my first two. I wanted to know of everything. I went around my 7 minth.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 12:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• nope but i might this time, dh and i talking about a class on natural child birth
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We took a tour with the pregnancy classes.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes! ~~Well, even better: I had each prenatal in the room I would be delivering in, with only those who would be attending my birth (no strangers or nurses).

So that was really great!
    I loved that I could get so familiar and comfortable and at-home there. This was so important for a first & second-time mom to be!!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• nope i never went on a tour of the hospital before i went into labor because i had a few relatives deliver at the same hospital so i already knew what it was like
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• nope.. it was on my list of things to do.. around my 38th week however I had my DD at 37 wks lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Our hospital tour was part of our Lamaze classes that were held at the same hospital where we'll be delivering. I thought it was pretty neat to see where it's all going to happen.
    Sally33

Answer by Sally33 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2011