Looking for a good book on pregnancy

Something with a section on newborns would be great but not necessary since I'm just reading to brush up a little. I'm looking for something that doesn't treat me like I'm an idiot who's just in it for letting someone else feed them because I'm a bottle feeder and is supportive of epidural anesthesia if you want it,maybe a decent section on cesarean section and something that doesn't spend most of the book trying to tell me how evil and greedy the men of the medical community are.
I want to read something about VBAC,but I'm starting to think it's too much to ask for one that doesn't tell me how the medical establishment victimized me for a profit.

The local library has eight books on home birth,two on natural childbirth in a hospital,one on VBAC that is just chocked full of "your the victim of the evil men" language, and ONE 75 page book on c-section that is mostly a book to comfort women who's just been told they need one then any really helpful information.

So please any good ones or do they just not exist? I'll compromise on the bottle feeding if it helps but I'm so tired of hearing that it's because I'm just not informed enough(Sorry I fought damn hard to bottle feed my son I just get a little touchy about it and I just had another fight with my MIL on how I'm making him fat).

Sorry I know people have different priorities but I'm the first in my family to ever have a c-section, 4 homebirths,10 natural(drug free) hospital and I am the sole c-section(the only bottle feeder in 3 generations too) so I'm looking for a book because I am very alone in this.

So I hope that even if you don't know a book maybe a website that might be helpful(please don't suggest the ican website again or silent knife)?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• woah!!! what are you looking for? The natural pregnancy and childbirth group on here might be able to recommend some good books for vbac and other related topics.

I really liked the "What to Expect Baby's First Year" for my infants. It gives a month-by-month break down of common occurances in newborns-1 year olds. There are sections that offer both breast feeding and bottle feeding. It is a helpful book and can usually be found for pretty cheep at garage sales, second hand shops and probably Amazon.com. Good luck.

also, try to take it easy on yourself. Each woman is entitled to having a birth HER own way. Educate yourself on what is best for you in your next delivery and don't feel obligated to do something just because of what other people in your family have traditionally chosen to do.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Everybody says that but it never makes dealing with overly opinionated family members any easier. I made my Mother cry from telling her that I don't want to breastfeed and won't even talk about me just having a repeat c-section as an option.

I read most of the recommended books for VBAC and was very disappointed. what I was trying to say is that I can't stand anymore books on natural childbirth but that's all they've got here, so I don't think that group would be very helpful but thank you.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2011