8 months old hates fruit baby foods any suggestions?

My 8 month old DD hates all the fruit baby foods they are just to sour for her are there any ways to help out even making homemade baby food that might be naturally sweetened thanks bunches

krissii

Asked by krissii at 12:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes homemade could help and it's easy to do there are many recipes out there
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Choose you fruit. If it's naturally soft, mash it with a fork or cut it into bite size pieces. If it's hard, bake or steam, then mash or cut up.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Iof times had that trouble many times. I found that my babay realy loved scrambled eggs mashes potatoes with gravy. did you say ur baby was 8 mnths old if ur baby has teeth its okay to give them bananas,soft finger foods spettios with meat balls beffaroni what do you think they put in those little cans of 2nd food baby food anyway they just found some way to make it taste nasty and the baby oatmeal with banans i have always added a little formula with banans peaches if ur making spagetti for dinner take a little of the spagetti and chop it up in bite sizes and ur babay will love it......The only thing there doing on those 2nd or 3rd jar foods is getting rich and waisting ur money...i dont know how many times i had that food spit in my hair and face......try some of the things i sad u will have a very happy baby and more money in ur pocket book...and less food in ur face and hair.l.o.l good luck
    mommysangel543

Answer by mommysangel543 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• have you tried other baby foods besides the fruits? She may just like veggies more, and that's fine, actually better :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No more baby food. Maybe toddler foods?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Baby food is gross. Just give table foods that are mashed/softened.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I always just mashed regular fruit with the back of the fork, or diced it up small. Same with veggies, cook until soft than use the back of the fork to mash it.

Answer by missanc at 9:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Thanks for all th advice she loves all the veggies but its just fruits that make her shudder and gag but her pediatrician reamed us for not giving her fruit......we weren't going to force feed her something that makes her gag when she gobbles up vegetables and meats
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i heard from a pediatric that the best time to introduce fruits to a baby is at the end of the 10th month,and that is because of sothing called "fructose intolerance" that might occur to the baby before that age,and might cause some stomachaches,i just did what i've been told,and i introduced fruits to my litte one when she was 10 months..i used to over-boil an apple till its very soft and mashh it with the back of the fork with a banana and 2 spoonfuls of yoghurt and just a very small amount of honey,and eh really loved it
    newmom300

Answer by newmom300 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• that's actually good, b/c fruit has a lot of sugar. IF she likes veggie feed her lots veggie. I made all my baby food and my son loves it especially banana
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2011