Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Dont want my husband to take the kids

help..long story short..we live with my in laws (hell)for the last 2 years..needless to say because of all the drama i am getting a divorce,he came back with the papers today,i dont want a horrible fight over our kids,,next week ill be going out of town to spend time with my grandma who had a stroke(this has been planned for a while)kids were gonna stay here with dad but now im scared while im gone him and his crzy mom might try to take my kids,maybe im paranoid IDK,should i have him sign a agreement or something?

Answer Question

Asked by Dollhouse2011 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

Level 5 (78 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I would!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • definetly get an agreement before you go if you have time. hopefully he agrees to it. when i was separated i was awarded legal custody only cause he didn't fight it.

    Answer by mrsary at 12:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • yeah i would have or made arrangements to have them go with a sitter

    Answer by amberpaiz at 12:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • I was told by a lawyer that if you go somewhere without your kids, your spouse or soon to be ex, whatever you want to call them can claim abandonment on you if he wants to be nasty.....and if you say your MIL is crazy then I wouldn't put it past them! The only leg you have to stand on is that you have him sign a paper that he understands he's taking care of the kids, your going out of town and he AKNOWLEDGES THIS!!!!!


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • go fill out some paperwork about it and get it notarized!!

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • I would guess you would have to have some sort of legally signed document to verify exactly what is going on. This has the potential to turn ugly quick.

    Answer by meooma at 6:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • You should DEFINITELY get some kind of agreement in place before you leave. Otherwise you are basically giving them an opening to keep the kids. Good luck!

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • Or just not go to grandmas house tell the divorve is final. Or bring the kids with you.

    Answer by louise2 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • yep. proof proof proof

    Answer by lizzybee44 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.