Dont want my husband to take the kids

help..long story short..we live with my in laws (hell)for the last 2 years..needless to say because of all the drama i am getting a divorce,he came back with the papers today,i dont want a horrible fight over our kids,,next week ill be going out of town to spend time with my grandma who had a stroke(this has been planned for a while)kids were gonna stay here with dad but now im scared while im gone him and his crzy mom might try to take my kids,maybe im paranoid IDK,should i have him sign a agreement or something?

Dollhouse2011

Asked by Dollhouse2011 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I would!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• definetly get an agreement before you go if you have time. hopefully he agrees to it. when i was separated i was awarded legal custody only cause he didn't fight it.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 12:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yeah i would have or made arrangements to have them go with a sitter
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I was told by a lawyer that if you go somewhere without your kids, your spouse or soon to be ex, whatever you want to call them can claim abandonment on you if he wants to be nasty.....and if you say your MIL is crazy then I wouldn't put it past them! The only leg you have to stand on is that you have him sign a paper that he understands he's taking care of the kids, your going out of town and he AKNOWLEDGES THIS!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• go fill out some paperwork about it and get it notarized!!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would guess you would have to have some sort of legally signed document to verify exactly what is going on. This has the potential to turn ugly quick.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You should DEFINITELY get some kind of agreement in place before you leave. Otherwise you are basically giving them an opening to keep the kids. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Or just not go to grandmas house tell the divorve is final. Or bring the kids with you.

Answer by louise2 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yep. proof proof proof
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011