What did you do all day??

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard. The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and ...there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?' She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?' 'Yes,' was his incredulous reply. She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.'

A friend had this on her FB and I loved it and thought I should share, lol

.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• this is not new but it is still funny everytime I read because it is so true!!! my husband has learned the hard to ask what I do all day and after 8 yrs he knows better and just wants to know how how my was....versus......what did I do all day
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Thanks for sharing
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Cute!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Very Good, lol!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Love it!
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 1:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• That's funny.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I worked today.
    Patricia587

Answer by Patricia587 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Thanks for sharing!
    Patricia587

Answer by Patricia587 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• ** how my day was ***
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• LOL!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2011