How did peircing your babys ears go?

How was the exsperience? did she cry alot during? and did she have a ruff couple of days? or was she fine after? did she mess with her ears alot.
My daughter sleeps on her side will the post stick her
anything else i need to know please share :)
Thankss

michellezk210

Asked by michellezk210 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And btw my daughter is 3mnts she'll be 4mnts on the 23 of this month
    michellezk210

Comment by michellezk210 (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Both of my girls were 6months when they got their first ear piercing, and they cried for about 20 minutes.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My daughter was 6 weeks. She cried for 10 seconds. She never played or messed with them and she was a side sleeper too. It went well. They have never been infected and she is now 14!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My holes had filled in again, I'm bad for wearing earrings! So I had mine done again before having dd's done. It's not the same stinging, throbbing pain from way back when. It's a little pinching feeling and goes away pretty quickly. DD was more upset that I put her down to have mine done. She was still crying when they did her's and once it was done she stopped crying, I nursed her and all was well again. She didn't play with them, they say it's better to have them done when they're babies as opposed to toddlers because toddlers play more with them and get infected. I had my other dd done too and she was fine. You can give her some tylenol 1/2 hr before if you feel better about it.
    Make sure the back of the stud is rounded, I'm pretty sure they all are now. Oh and they don't use a gun to pierce and then put the earring in anymore (that's how it was when I was a kid) they pierce it with the earring.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm waiting for my girls to ask me before I pierce their ears. If/when they want it done, then I will let them. .... as far as the bar poking her while she sleeps, I'm pretty sure there are earings designed for babies or at least little rubber backs for the earings that will help with that. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My DD cried for about 10 minutes. She never messed with the earrings, and she never showed any sign of pain other than the 10 minutes that she cried. In fact, she would laugh every time I cleaned her ears. The posts don't seem to bother her at all.

One thing I would recommend is getting them done at the same time. The lady wanted to do one at a time. I actually said "You're fucking kidding me, right?"
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We got hers done at 7 months. She cried for a second and then I nursed her. She has never messed with them (she's had them 4 mo) and she sleeps on her side and has no problems.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I won't get my dd's ears pierced until they are older because I'm VERY much against getting a babies ears pierced.

they are easily infected (and in a baby that is especially dangerous because they have weaker immune systems that older children and adults), they don't have all their shots, and the younger they are, the more chances for deformity later in life, I could go on about the risks of it in an infant or baby.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• "they say it's better to have them done when they're babies as opposed to toddlers because toddlers play more with them and get infected."

whoever "THEY" are are stupid! it's better to have them done when they can ask for them themselves rather than when they are babies or young children.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2011