When did you first take your baby on a plane?

How was that exsperience?
i have a veery calm baby so i dont think it will be to big of a problem at all.
but im afraid of hear ears hurting. I know they say sucking helps but my girl dosent take a pacifier.
Has anyone done it withhout a passy. how was ur baby after?

michellezk210

Asked by michellezk210 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With our oldest daughter, she was 4 months old when she went on her first plane ride. It was a long ride (from Germany to the US) but she did great and she didn't use a pacifier. We did give her a bottle during takeoff and before landing.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My DD was 6 weeks old. I fed her right when we got on the plane and she passed out. She woke up right before we landed and pooped (probably from the pressure). And at the time she never took a pacifier either. I was pleasantly surprised with the experience.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• 2 months and he did great! He didn't take a pacifier either. He is now a world traveler (4 yrs.) and he has never had a problem with his ears!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• She was about 7mths old and did great. I gave her the pacifier when taking off and landing. She slept pretty much the whole time (3hrs). The flight was very full and uncomfortable!! Then her second time when she was about 18mths she cried when we were on yhebplane for about 10 min because she was fighting her sleep but ended up falling asleep and waking up 30 min before the end of flight. She was happy. Thank goodness the flight wasn't full so we had lots of room and she wasn't the only kid so it was great. The plane ride turned into a huge play date lol
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My oldest first traveled by plane when he was 5 months old. Then again at 9 months old, and then about 2-3 times every year after that (he's now 18). My youngest first traveled by plane at 8 months old. Both kids did fantastic (even while traveling overseas), eating and sleeping most of the way. They were never bothered by their ears; in fact, they complain about that now at ages 13 and 18!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• my daughter is 1 year old now,she had been on a plane maybe 10 times,i really cant count them.and she never had a problem with that! i only try to nurse her during the take off and landing (or even try to give her formula from her bottle if she is bottle-fed) that would help her alot,like we adults chew gums during take off and landing..i also gave her antihistaminic (like benadryl) during long flights,that helps aslo alot PLUS it makes her fall asleep during the whole flight,which makes it very easy for u
    newmom300

Answer by newmom300 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• and btw,first time i took my baby to a plane she was only 2 weeks old,my dad is a paediatric,and he said it was ok. and what i wrote above in my answer was recommended by him! and it was really easy,nothing went wrong with her after the flight
    newmom300

Answer by newmom300 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• 2 weeks old. He breastfed on take-off and had no problem with his ears... Slept the whole way, and my seatmates were so pleased he didn't scream!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011