It just hurts...

Ive been hurt so many times over and over. Its a feeling i never want to feel again. I have a 2 yr old and im 22 weeks pregnant, the last thing i need is to be hurt again. But i feel so lonely, i just want to be loved. I know theres someone out there for me im just tired of waiting for him. Everybody keeps telling me i dont need a man, i just need to focus on my kids. Which i agree with that, but how do i make the lonely needing to be loved feeling go away? I know my daughter can love me but its not the same. How do i make this feeling go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• *hugs* .... my best advice is to surround yourself with friends and family. Don't rush into a relationship just to fill the void. Make sure he's worth it first. Your babies are worth having a stable home life that would come from either just you taking care of them or you finding a man and making sure he's completely worth it before inviting him into your childrens' lives. Jmo, though. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Pray for that special someone but for now love your kids and cherish the moments. GL Be Patient God will deliver.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• you are lonely because you feel that being loved by a man builds your confidence, but in reality, you are just leaning on them, and then end up picking out the losers and end up leaving you feeling more sapped of confidence when the relationship ends.

FIRST you have to build yourself up, learn how to live without and build your selfesteem back up. When you do that, you'll find the right men.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It may never go away. But as an adult we don't have to act on our feelings. Raise your children, be the best mom and the best person you can be. You never know when a right person may come into your life but when they do you want to be at your best. Remember the way things are today are not the way things will always be.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes, you do need to focus on your children. They are your life now and they need you. However, I totally understand the loneliness. Do you have close friends? Family? A support system? Please don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you are "alone" you are "lonely". You don't have to be. You can choose which one. Sometimes when we change the behavior, we change the outcome. Maybe it just isn't time for you to have a significant other, for whatever reason. We have ALL been there at some time. I went through 2 failed marriages before I met my dh, and it was totally out of the blue, and unexpected. I changed my behavior, moved to another state, and started all over. I met him when I least expected it. Take care of yourself, and your kids for now! Let them be the light of your life. I would also look into some counseling for yourself to help you focus on you and your kids, and to deal with where you are now! Good luck!
    Lynda-Lou

Answer by Lynda-Lou at 9:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• loneliness stems from feeling misunderstood.
    also, love is understanding.
    start telling people your true feelings (like you have) and be open with them
    that way you may feel more one with the world and know your not the only one
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2011