Are you ever afraid that you are parenting the wrong way?

othella

Asked by othella at 1:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• All the time! But I love my son and do everything I can, so I am at least ok in that respect :)
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• well at least I'm not the only one.
    othella

Comment by othella (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Oh, psssh, all the time. The people who don't....are lying. I do what I feel is best for my situation and my children. But I still worry...
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 1:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes!! All the time, but I do my best.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 1:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yes, but i do my best for my kids and love them unconditionally.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• it's when you don't worry that there are problems
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Sure, we all do at some time or other. Quite often when they become teenagers...it's not as easy as when they are little. When they start to try to make bigger decisions for themselves and decide they have their own opionion (and they differ from yours/families). You really begin to wonder about your 'parenting skills", LOL. We muddled through just fine though. I agree...anyone who says they DON'T ...are not telling the full truth or ....they SHOULD be questioning their parenting! :D

confused

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Clearly by the standards of some of the perfect moms here are Cafemom I'm a complete failure as a parent. There are days according to them that I do nothing right.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• There are plenty of individual instances where I'm not sure I did the best thing, but in general, no.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm not afraid of parentig the "wrong" way and I don't waste my time and energy worrying about it (there really is no "right" way, as what works for one surely doesn't work for another) but I do make mistakes while doing the best that I can ... c'mon, I'm only human, after all! Still, I feel I'm doing something right (or at least I'm more right than wrong ... hee hee) and doing what works best for my family.

I've only gone through the teenage years with one child so far (and it was a total breeze) but my youngest will give me a run for my money. And just when I thought I had it all down pat, she'll be the game changer when it comes to my methods ... I'll have to get more creative with this one!!! Still, I'll take that scenario over a parent who does not "parent" whatsoever!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2011