My daughter is becoming a young women at 5!!! Is there anything I can do? adult content

Last year I noticed that my five year old's armpits smelled like onions. Than she started developing breast buds. I found this weird as she is so young and she is very skinny. Anyhow.. I mentioned it to the doctor he wanted us to get a bone age test done. I did! It said her bone age was i believe 7? He than sent us to a endocrinologist. The endocrinologist wanted us to get her a pelvic ultrasound and blood work done. N he scheduled us an appointment form august. Since the last time we we're there I have not heard anything from the doctor about the tests. Than i called. He than called me backed but i wasjust walking through the door and missed the call. I called rigt back but it was after hours. So when i called the next morning he was on vacation until this monday coming up. But two days ago as I dried my daugter off and I noticed a tiny patch of black pubic hair. Than today I checked her again and both sides have pubics on them. I called the after hours doctor and they said there is nothing they can do. I feel like breaking down. My daughter is way to young to go through this. But my questions are... How long does she have until she'll start bleeding? Also she does not have any under arm hair. Do you think the endocrinologist will let me bring her in sooner? And is my four year old likely to go through this early too? I am Soo sorry this is soo long.. I needed to vent.

ya1nonlybabygrl

Asked by ya1nonlybabygrl at 1:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Health

• That's strange. There probably isn't much they can do....but, if she does get her period like "regular." Then she'll probably get it in two years. I have heard of 9 year olds getting their periods, so...I don't know...7 seems super early, but I don't know. Just let her know this stuff is normal, but she's at the early age of it. That way she doesn't freak out when it happens.
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 1:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I actually think I remember hearing about something like this on the news. If I remember correctly it had something to do with the little girls thyroid. As soon as she started Thyroid treatment her symptoms went away. I hope you get all the answers you need soon and they find out what is happening to your little one!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i never heard of girls going through that so young. im sorry ur going through this. i hope you find answers soon
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• This is called precocious puberty. I'm not familiar with the treatment options, if there are any, I just know the condition from work and school. You should be able to get info from googleing it. Good Luck!
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• This is where you have to speak up for you kid. Doctors will just push you around because they think that women are over thinking things but she needs answers as well as you do. Don't let a doctor tell you that they don't knowthe answer because if they don't then you tell them that you need to be sent to somebody that do. Good luck because the hard questions are going to start comeing now and your going to have to put them in terms that she understands.
    othella

Answer by othella at 2:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Here is some good info

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002152/
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My friends dd 2 yr old nipples were budding and she started to sweat as well. The dictors immediately stopped all of this from happening when they saw this because she was basically going thru puberty. They can stop it and it's not normal so do not let them push you around and take their time. You call another doctor if you need to. You demand that they figure it out. Believe me they can do something. I personally had to investigate my medical issues myself while dealing with many doctors to try to find a diagnoses. I found one after two yrs and found a specialist myself. I took all my research accompanied with my medical records and officially was diagnosed. You can push doctor sto do their job. GL!!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• There is a reason for this. Milk and meat have growth hormones put in them. Especially the chicken. This is also leading children to sexual relations earlier because they are "growing up" faster. Try and only give her organic milk. It honestly tastes better and will last in your fridge a lot longer. Same with the meat and chicken. I know it's a lot more expensive, and if you can't do it all the time, do it as much as you can. They jam these animals up with these hormones so that they can produce faster and make more money. Problem is our children are suffering for it.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Considering the youngest person to ever have a baby was 5 yrs old this is probably not as uncommon as we all think. I would make another appointment and ask for a specialist. My dd was 11 when she got her cycle but started getting pubic hair at around 9ish.

Answer by gemgem at 10:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It sounds like precocious puberty. Although the onion smell is more often associate with more scary metabolic disorders. Work with the pediatric endocrinologist. They have extensive specialized training. 4 yrs med school + 3 yrs residency + 2 yr fellowship, minimum, to be a ped endo. Good luck to you and your daughter.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/precocious-puberty/DS00883
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 1:27 AM on Jun. 12, 2011