Newborn Growth?

So today was her first appointment outside of the hospital. They told me at the hospital they wanted her to regain her birth weight in a weeks time.. it has been two days.. She is now 1 oz over her birth weight.. that is good.. but the doc told me she grew an inch since she was delivered.. is this even possible? I made them recheck and yep my little or not so little darling has grown an inch in five days. Has this happened to any other mothers? I'm wondering if she is going to be tall or if it is just some fluke. Husband is 6'3" I'm 5'8".

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 2:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yea it is my little girl went from 18 1/2 to 20 inches within 2 weeks so its possible
    everett65

Answer by everett65 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Also, many times the hospital may get an incorrect measument at birth as newborns are not the easiest things to work with, lol. I know when my son was measured at the hospital he was 20.5 in. and at his check-up less then a week later he was 19.5 in. So I really have no idea which was right, if either. But I doubt he lost an in. in a week!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Oh man that would make me so mad.. for them to have wrong info.. you count on that info as bragging rights.. and then for it just to be wrong :(
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 3:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• they said my DD was 19.5 inches @ birth then @ the drs ...they said she was 18.5 ..so their measurements arent always 100% accurate lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2011