My baby is 3 weeks old what important things should i do with her, tummy time rattles etc?

princesslila

Asked by princesslila at 3:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Love, love, love....lots of interaction, few mintues or so of tummy time, she can't lift her head up obliviously, most do not like tummy time too much, my dd didn't. Just lots of cuddling, feed when she sends u hunger ques......
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• For baby rattles, I do not think they know what they are yet and may just scare her/him.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Lots of cuddles, love and attention. Nothing structured at this point. If you want to maximize her stimulation, sing to her, take her for walks in a sling, bathe her everyday and let her enjoy the water. That sort of thing.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yep, just cuddles and slow movements. don't worry about all that stuff for a couple of months. most newborns can barely see at this point. they just require food, cleaning and love!
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 5:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Lots of cuddles and love.

If she has some head control you can do tummy time while she lays belly down on your belly. My 11 day old can lift her head, and both my other kids had some head control at that age too.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Lots of holding and talking to her. Don't goo goo gah gah her, talk to her like you would an adult. Ok, no cuss words, but if you speak to her as you would anyone else, when it is time to talk, she will be speaking that you can understand her. It also raises their IQ. My biggest advice is to research everything. Know your facts and make your decisions based on facts. It's ok to ask advice from other moms, but they are making decisions on what they feel is best for their children. Research every immunization, medication, procedure, etc from the doctor, when daycare or school comes, research all problems, awards, curriculum, etc. It's a long hard job, but well worth it. And remember, no matter what any doctor, psychiatrist, teacher or other mom tells you, YOU are the expert on your child, no one else. Congratulations!!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Tummy time is fun. I would always lay down next to mine and talk or sing to them. A baby mirror is great for this too - to put in front of them to look at themselves, my kids always loved theirs!

Answer by missanc at 10:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2011