How long do you cook a ham?

jareda69

Asked by jareda69 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Typically it's about 15-20 min per pound.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I buy mine precooked so it only needs to be "cooked" in the oven for about an hour.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• That depends on how thick and big that piece of ham is that you want to cook. the thicker and bigger, the longer you need to cook it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• At any given weight? CUz the instructions are misleading. I end up overcooking it. Do you turn it half way?
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Til it's done...just kidding! If it is pre cooked just until warm all the way through.
    If not get a meat thermometer and google what the inside temp should be. I know if it has a bone it will be a different tem than a boneless one. Be careful though ham gets dried out and gross if over cooked.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• yep. I know....
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Depends on the ham. A whole ham (city ham), smoked or precooked but uncut, will take longer than, say, a spiral sliced ham; so anywhere from an hour to 2 hours for those. The time will also vary if there is a bone or no bone. Fresh ham (country ham), takes more time and it will depend on the size, how long it takes to cook. Country hams are not like the city hams, in taste or texture...they are closer to a pork roast than ham.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008