What is the best way to deforst breastmilk?

wondering what is the best way to deforst breastmilk? Also, when did you introduce the bottle....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used bags, and I always just put them into a glass of very warm tap water for a few minutes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• submerge the bag/bottle of breastmilk in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. It's best to wait until 3-4 weeks when introducing the bottle in case of nipple confusion. I found it best to use a bottle that looked similar to my breast for my children. Good luck and remember baby might not get it the first , second or even third try.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Look at the bottom of this chart for thawing guidelines. This chart is very useful to print out and put on the fridge.

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• the same way as you should heat up a bottle put the bag in a pot of simmering water until thawed and to desired temp.
    Jory

Answer by Jory at 10:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2011