What do you do when your baby wants to be nursed and you are making dinner?

I mean if you don't have any milk thawed and or your dh isn't home to help you. My kids are 6 and 3 so can't help to much, but I am due to have our baby in 2 months and the reason I ask this is because with both of my other 2 kids they would always want to eat every time I would start dinner. Like they smell the food so they want to eat too lol. But how do you feed a baby at the same time you are cooking? I mean you need at least one hand to feed baby and 2 hands to cook and I am afraid to burn her while I am cooking.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just nurse before you start cooking.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'd make sure she is nice & filled up right before i start cooking.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I nursed before cooking. always about 15-20 minutes before I would nurse so she had a full belly and pop a bink in while i was cooking so she would chew and worry on it instead of me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I always stopped cooking or would nurse while cooking depending on what I was doing like stiring a pot but anything that needed more than that I would just turn it off or on low and finish after baby finished.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• All 5 of my kids were on a flexible but predictable feeding schedule, so I arranged my meal times so I wouldn't be cooking when they were ready to eat.

Answer by missanc at 9:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I always sat down and offered the breast about 20 minutes BEFORE I started making dinner. If they still got fussy I knew it wasn't because they were hungry and would get someone else to hold them or just put them in the sling and keep them as far away as possible from the food. Occasionally I would have to stop making dinner though and did just that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Nurse before :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You stop cooking.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2011