Thoughts???

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/07/sissy.boy.experiment/

Asked by older at 8:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • So sad and awful. I have tears in my eyes for the little boy that Kirk was & for the man he became who couldn't get past the emotional & physical abuse he endured just for being who God made him.

I do not understand why anyone can think that being gay is a choice, much less that it is a disease to be cured.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Horrible. I'm not sure what you want.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• This was a federally funded program at UCLA, not a religious one
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Well.....it was done in the 70's when gay was a horrible thing to be. So I can see how Mom thought Son was "broken". However the fact that the "researcher" still advocates his BS today says that there is something mentally wrong with HIM. I feel so bad for the shit that little boy went through at the hands of his parents on a doctors advice.

BTW...My son plays with barbies and strollers, today nothing is wrong with that.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• "we simply cannot embrace sin (of any kind)"

It's this type of thinking that perpetuates the shit that goes on in that video.

Evolve, please evolve, humans!

clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Are you aware, Elish, that "sin" is an idea?

Are you aware that I don't share your belief? Are you aware that your so-called "objective" view of reality is actually subjective? You are seriously not going to be able to convince me of your opinion on sin - there's way too much objective evidence to the contrary and to not believe in it would be illogical.

-Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• This just angers me....hopefully, light will come from this situation & can help people understand that people are born the way they are.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• ad, all I want is your thoughts. Religious people do this with their believes, I don't think this is what God had in mind.

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes, ad, but the reason behind the parents sending them there are religious ones.

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• The man in question talks about being called an abomination and going to hell, and talked about feeling he wasn't loved by God, is that not religiously derived?

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2011