Face Paint on an 11 month old?

We will be going to a big work party at the zoo and they are getting a clown to paint the childrens faces. My little brother is 4 and I know he will want my daughter to get her face painted with him. I think it might be fun too but I don't want her smearing it off her face and into her mouth. Do you know anything about the paint these clowns use and if it's quick drying lol?.. What age do you find appropriate to get a childs face painted?

.GinxedGemini.

Asked by .GinxedGemini. at 8:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 4 (-56 Credits)
  • You could ask them to do something very small and simple - like a little heart on one cheek. That way the 4 year old will see she's included and you'll minimize how much paint she's got.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• All of mine were always painted. The paint is non-toxic and it's cute as can be. I never had a problem with any of them. I've had 4 of them and 3 are now adults.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No,too young!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would ask them all of those questions, also ask if it's non toxic, that way if she scratches some off and gets it in her mouth it won't hurt her.

My kids didn't get their faces painted until they were at least 3.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think painting an 11-month-old's face is just a bad idea. Their skin is still quite sensitive, they won't understand what's going on, and she'll end up picking at her face, because she'll feel the paint on it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would not be comfortable with it that young. I think when they are old enough to ask so around 2 I guess. I would worry about it being itchy or making her face blotch up. I would not be concerned with toxins... Most 'play' kind of paint is non-toxic and especially pain ment to go on skin.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Thanks everyone for your opinions, they are all appreciated!
    .GinxedGemini.

Comment by .GinxedGemini. (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• They use that paint from one kid to another so it's got to have a lot of germs in it. I think the child is too young for it. I wouldn't do it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yeah I agree..she is too young
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• If you decide to not get the baby's face painted, explain the big, concerned sibling that it's something that (s)he's lucky to do and shows how big they are. my daughter likes to keep the baby included and have him do things with her, but is usually understanding and happy that something is her's alone. I always replace it with something, like reading a book together or watching a movie for sibling time.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 9:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011