Kraft Mac and Cheese for Breakfast - do you say "yay" or "nay?"

just wondering = situation - saturday morning with no time crunch..... but it does dirty at least 3 pans/dishes to clean (one for water - the strainer - and the plates to actually eat it.)

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 8:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You need to get some easy mac lol not as good but when my 3yo wants pasta & we are on a time crunch or its morning I love being able to toss it in the microwave & its cooked in 3minutes!

I say go ahead let 'em have it I feed my daughter weird things for breakfast as long as its in our view of healthy food!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Personally, I'd say NAY to it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack ... the stuff is crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i myself wouldn't do it...it's more of a lunch or dinner thing...but whatever floats your boat....if i have nothing, i normally go with toast or something...just a butter knife to clean if you use a paper towel instead of a plate :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• why not? Food is food....I almost never eat breakfast food in the morning. Right now, I'm eying left over pasta from last night...

Breakfast food is no different from other foods...it's just our conditioning that makes us thing we must eat something "breakfasty" in the morning.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• *think
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It is the breakfast of champions in this house! lol I will sneak it in once in a while if i am craving it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm not a fan of boxed mac & cheese, but serve it whenever you want to. There's no rule that breakfast has to be only a small range of foods.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Why not pick something that is easier for breakfast, like cereal? Since you are in a time crunch :) Otherwise, I say whatever you like, though, again, if you are in a time crunch, it might make sense to make it the night before and put it in a container to heat up in the morning.
    didavisfl

Answer by didavisfl at 9:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Depends on if you really want to do those dishes. Where is it written that the food groups and certain foods have to be eaten at certain times of the day? It's fun to mix it up once in a while. There's nothing wrong with having your big meal in the morning and a bowl of cereal or eggs for dinner. It actually gives your body more time to work it off throughout the day and you aren't going to bed with as many calories to have to fight.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yuck. Not something I would have for breakfast, or really anytime...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2011