Belly =(

Jeans - they make me depressed. Ever since having my daughter I have this belly flab (you know what I am talking about) that wont go away. Call me young if you want but I prefer to wear my jeans off of my hips (not to show any behind & I wear long shirts so not much skin if any is ever shown). When I put on the jeans they simply cut into the flab but in my butt & legs & everywhere they fit =(

Now I have always had issues with jeans & finding comfy ones but this just is the icing on the cake bc now I cant find any that are comfortable in various sizes & brands. Whenever I have to wear jeans I get depressed feeling bc A) they are not comfortable B) I feel like people can/will notice the flab of belly under my shirt C) I feel like a whale while wearing said jeans.

I work out, I am actually a skinny girl & I have always had a flat belly until having my daughter. I feel like this belly wont go away & it saddens me. So the point of this post was well to rant to some ladies who would maybe understand bc when I try to explain this to SO he simply dosent have a clue or care really. Also maybe had hopes someone could point me to jeans that may fit well. Lastly maybe give me some work outs that will get rid of this belly bc besides that I have no issues & again am skinny.

Anyway thanks for listening ladies.

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• well my friend just had a baby 6 mths ago and she gets big with her babies, low and be hold she is now skinnier than ever witha flat belly. i had to ask her secret because i'm in you same boat. she said tae bo. i dontknow if its going to work for me but i have just started doing it once a day. its fun and little challenging, definelty works up a sweat. if you want to try it out let me know how it works for you. i sure hope it works out for me. good luck.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 10:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I hear ya! Ugh!! I've always been skinny too and workout everyday, can't seem to shake this gut! I hate it.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I've heard cardio workouts will work best, taking off fat wherever you're body wants to first, but eventually it'll start to melt away the belly too. My belly has gone down in size, but it's taking an awfully long time.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yea same here...always been skinny but since having children i can't get rid of this belly. I wrk out and walk ALL the time...idk
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Thanks momov but cardio is almost all I do =( I run whenever I possibly can but its not nearly as often as I'd like. The reason I cant sneak out for a run more often is bc SO works 70+ hours a week. Taking my daughter with isnt an option bc she is slower then me, I dont have a jogging stroller & not going to spend the cash on one I have nobody to leave her with. SO leaves at a crazy early hour in the morning like 4-5am. I dont like to run in the dark just isnt safe in my opinion.

Like I said I am skinny maybe weigh 125lbs. Sure I'd like to shave a couple inches off my upper legs but other then that I'm not an overweight person. Diet I've thought about but I've never had to do it & have no self control with my eating habits.

Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Food is a weak point for me to, I try to stick with buying lots of fruits and veggies and not buying unhealthy junk, that way if I don't have it in the house, I can't eat it. As for running, same here, my dh works about the same, I turn up the music and run in circles in the family room in my basement with my kids, maybe that could be an option for you?
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You could probably get a pretty cheap jogging stroller off craigslist or possibly one for free off freecycle.
    I didn't have to watch what I ate at all when I was younger, but at 37 I have had to start watching the junk - which contributes to "belly fat"

Answer by missanc at 9:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Im in the same boat...my wedding is 4 weeks away....Im trying to get into shape.... Im 132lbs...and everything else is toned but the belly fat...hate it!! But, what I've been doing is this.....going to the gym 4-5 times a week, running a mile when I first get there, then do leg presses and then crunch machines...then hang vertically with an 8lb ball and do 60 sit ups...then run another mile and go home... My stomach feels tighter and the jeans dont....its amazing!! Also, try and cut back on your carbs and sugar...that will deffinately help...drink h2o too!! Good luck!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I dont keep junk in the house but I live nextdoor to my mom & two sisters who do keep lots of junk. We let the kids play together after school & my mom makes things like nachos, chick fingers, pizzas etc for after school snack. I am having a real hard time with this. My apartment now is super small (I used to jog around the room in the old place) so there is literally no room to run. This means no room for a tredmill. I will check craigslist & freecycle but generally where I live there arent even any listings esp for the things I want/need (I live in the middle of Maine very rural).

We have a large trampoline & I try to jump on that as much as I can but with the kids (8 total) I dont jump with them bc its too dangerous & too much weight so my time slot for that is rare.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I have the muffin top :-( I am always judging my hips and getting angry. I don't want to wear high cut mom jeans but everything else gives me that dang muffin top! it sucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2011