Father's Day

What are you doing for your Dh for fathers day? DD is only 18 mo's so she can't really get him or do anything for him yet. So I just bought him two tickets a beer sampling at the zoo tomorrow (I LOVES beer and esp. all of the funky ones). Now I'm just trying to find someone to go with him on short notice, so I don't have to go!! :)

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• nothing...but that is because he didn't do anything for me or get me anything. He asked me what I was getting him. I don't know how he can ask that when he didn't get me anything.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Mommy 5409 I feel the same way... For Mother's Day I got a card that said "I know I don't act like I love you, but I do" and three half dead peach and orange roses. I really debated about getting the tickets. I honestly almost didn't. But he worked for over 60 hours this week i na factory with no AC, so I felt like he deserved something for working so hard. And I thought I should try to extend the olive branch. We will see if it works or not!
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• if your dd is 18 months, she can do something. our ds was 3 months for dh's first father's day. i bought a shirt, and some kids non toxic paint. I wrote the top 10 reasons you know your a dad, had ds paint his handprints and footprints on the front and back. he loved it! for the next father's day, i got light blue paper, typed a poem on it, and put ds's footprints on either side of the painting. here is the poem. he was deployed for the next so we got a box and filled it with cards both kids made, and extra stuff. and last year the kids made cards since we couldn't afford much.

armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i am using groupon.com it's really great to find ideas AND deals :)
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• we might go fishing or clean out the garage for him
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Nothing because DH is deployed. DD and I did buy him some Father's Day cards to give him though.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011