Acid reflux, yuck!

Well, now starts the heartburn and acid reflux...ugh! I can't eat or drink anything without moments later having a horrible burning sensation in my throat and it sometimes coming back up. What can I do to help tame it down?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I tried milk and it just makes me feel like im going to vomit cottage cheese. I have it HORRIBLY! I ate tums all the way up until 25 weeks but tums only work for short periods of time. I switched to the chewable grape flavored pepcid and it works for hours!!! I love it! I also heard mylanta works and both are safe with pregnancy. My doctor recommended it
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• A glass of milk might help - it's a base and will help counteract the acid. If that doesn't help you can try Tums. If that doesn't help, you can ask your dr about medication.

Answer by missanc at 10:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• TUMS TUMS TUMS!! I like the orange creme flavor :) Then quickly down some cold water
    Kaylapoo

Answer by Kaylapoo at 10:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011