Toddlers in Daycare

How do you handle it when your child had such a fun busy day in daycare that they come home, get a bath and go straight to bed? DD didn't even eat dinner last night. When we came home she snacked a banana and Igave her a bath. I put her in her high chair and was trying to get her to eat some chicken nuggets, but she just laid her down and cried. so I put her to bed. She went to bed at 6! She's doen that twice already this week. She takes naps at daycare, they just play outside all day and she runs around so much. she's just exhausted! Dh didn't even get to see her yesterday, he got home from work around 7:30. I just don't feel like we get to spend any time with her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds about normal, play hard, sleep hard!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I know it sucks, but you also have to look at the other side of the coin. She could be stuck inside all day, doing nothing, watching movies and have so much pent up energy at the end of the day that she can't contain herself and is miserable.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• take advantage of it and enjoy time alone with the so/dh.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• You are lucky...we had a crappy daycare teacher for our son for a few months and he was the opposite. They kept him in the same little room all day with minimal activity and still napped him. He wasn't falling asleep until 11 or 12 some nights! Thank goodness they got rid of that woman.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Maybe she is not napping long enough at daycare. If my DD doesn't get a good nap, she's doesn't want to eat & passes out early.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It's difficult for you because you want to spend time with her. I understand that one! She's just exhausted and there is really nothing you can do. As she gets older or more used to her schedule she'll be able to stay awake longer. Mom's always tell me that they feel so guilty about this because they aren't spending the time they want to. It will all pass and honestly, there will be a time when you can't want for her to go to bed! lol
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011