When is it to hot for a baby?

i have a 3 month old lo who loves the outdoors and i live in nc where its humid and gets like 80 to 90 degrees outside id say 90 is to much even 80 but i want to go for a walk with him in his stroller and i know the sun wont be on him bc i theres a sunblocker on his stroller and carseat. Im gonna wait till the temp drops some to be on the safe side but when do u think would be the safest time and can u put repellents on 3 month olds bc i probably would have to wait until 5 or 6 to go for a walk but then mosqituos will be out so im kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place lol and does anyone know for sure aboutwhich mosqiuto repellent would work for babies and adults but is not to harsh?so my question is when is it too hot for a 3 month old and what type of repellent is the best but only if i can safley use it on a baby and i know all the comen sence like dont put it on his hands bc he might lick it and so on.  Advise would be very appreciated thanks:)

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are comfortable then baby is comfortable. I like to keep my two girls inthe shade during the hot times of the day where we can get a breeze, but they love to be outside too! I also use those repellent fans so that as long as baby is near me they are protected from the bugs.
    sadyjo31

Answer by sadyjo31 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I've also heard that dryer sheet tucked in the stroller will keep mosquitoes away.
    sadyjo31

• I live in NC too. I take my little ones out in the morning or late afternoon. As for the mosquitos, they have those clip on repellants now - I clipped one on my stroller and it keeps the mosquitos away without having to put bug spray on her. I don't stop taking mine out at all at any time of year, but when it's exceptionally hot (ie 90 and above) I limit it to short periods of time, unless we're in the pool or somewhere extremely shady (our pool is shaded all day except from 12-3)

Answer by missanc at 10:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• try doing it when it's morning, the sun issn't as hot around 9 am, and fewer bugs. or if you do it passed 3 or 4 pm I would use a clip on repellent so you don't have to spray your kid, or they have netting for strollers to keep bugs out. Keep a bottle ready, or be able to find a nice shaded area to breastfeed at frequently so he stays hydrated. Days when there is a nice cooler breeze are preferable, but not always possible.. but you don't have to stop taking baby out.. I'd say high 90's or up is when you want to be more cautious about it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Do not put ANY sort of repellent on a baby. Sunscreen isn't safe either yet. Beyond that, you can dress baby down to just a diaper or diaper & onesie, use mosquito netting, go earlier in the morning when it's still cool and bugs aren't as active yet...if there's a breeze that helps both with temp & bugs. I took my kids out all the time in all temps, dressed appropriately, but kept them inside or covered up when it was buggier.
    Anonymous