Stay at home moms - not a question, but a good story...

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard. The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?' She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?' 'Yes,' was his incredulous reply. She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.

by Jennifer Johnson

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 10:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL thats great

Answer by gemgem at 10:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• hahaha i like it.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Love it!!! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• lmao great story haha
    renah164

Answer by renah164 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• LOL that's great!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• lol that was good i like that
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• LOL awesome I love it! My house would look much the same if I ignored it for the day & let the kid run loose!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• LMAO.. that's too funny..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• That's awesome! Thank you!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• sweepingbusy momdrowning in laundryironingfriggin awesome! i'm tellin' ya, some people just dont understand what it takes sometimes! but i love my job and wouldnt trade it for the world...

happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2011