I think I'm pregnant, but they dont adult content

Hello there,

Heres the quick scoop. I'm 19, my boyfriend and I live together, and I went off my birth control. I was on pills for a year, then I decided to go on the depo shot for 9 months. I then went back to the pills because the depo didn't treat my body well (weight gain and depression).
I broke up with my boyfriend in the middle of April for a week and stopped taking my pills because I knew I wasn't going to be having sex with anyone else. He's the only guy I've ever had it with. Anyway, we got back together and have had sex a lot.. I'm still not on my pills because it just makes my unhappy and not want sex, or able to "get wet" which makes sex incredibly painful for me. And he didn't use condoms because he is too big, it cuts off his circulation and turns him purple. (We use the magnum).

The last period I had was April, 20th. I missed last months. My breasts are super sore, nipples feel like they are on fire and are bigger in size. I have frequent small cramps, some spotting- dark discharge. I'm super tired and all yesterday I was dizzy and nauseous.

I went to the dr Thursday and took a pregnancy test, it came out negative. She said if I don't start my period by the 20th this month to come back and we will try again.

Do you feel like I'm pregnant?
Please don't tell me to use protection... I know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It sounds likely that you are BUT when you go off of BC it can REALLY mess with your cycles and hormones. I would just wait a couple of weeks and if you still havent started ask for blood work.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• "And he didn't use condoms because he is too big, it cuts off his circulation and turns him purple"

Before i read the rest...this is the biggest crock of shit ever. He's making excuses. Having volunteered at a young women's shelter...this is the excuse we hear the most as to why the guy didn't wear a condom. You know they make Mangum XL which is supposed to fit all the way up to 12"...OK, i'll keep reading now...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Mangum is not the only brand that has extra large condoms, do some research or go to a sex shop. They have PLENTY of extra large condoms for the widest of penis's.

I can't say whether you are pregnant or not, but i do remember when i was married to my first husband, i thought i was pregnant all the time when i was not. My gyno told me what i told you, that our brain can convince us that we're pregnant when we are not. Just being worried about it & thinking about it all the time can make us experience pregnancy symptoms. Once i realized this, i stopped having pregnancy symptoms all the time.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I had a time when I was 20 that I thought I was pregnant too - I had all the symptoms, tender breast, no period, bloating, etc. Turned out my prolactin levels were high, making my body think it was pregnant. It could have been very serious, so keep a good eye on things and make sure they find out the root cause of your problems whether you end up pregnant or not.

Answer by missanc at 10:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• this happened to me recently!! I switched birth control and it messed up my cycles! I thought I was pregnant, too. Turns out it was just the bc. Thank God..
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• if you think you're pregnant when you're not, you can experience pregnancy symptoms. Your mind can convince your body that you're pregnant. I would run to the drug store & take a test every day. Did they do a urine test or a blood test?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• He isn't long.. he's thick.. But he will have to try the XL. I didn't actually know they had those. Thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It was a urine test
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• well a urine test may now show the levels of hormones like a blood test would.. so yes you could be pregnant. I suggest talking to your doctor about a non-hormonal IUD if hormonal BC is bothersome and condoms aren't working properly and not having sex until you get the results after the 20th.. from there you can make the arrangements for a different BC method if you turn out not pregnant.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• ok here is a suggestion you may want to test, for over a month before i found out i was prego with my second one my husband and i both were convienced i was prego, we had multiple urine test, and even a blood test but everything was too low..well my sister pointed me in the direction of a special urine test, most prego urine test are buitl to find the HCG hormone at 25mg, well sometimes your body doesnt produce that much for reasons eithe ryou arent far enough along ro yoru body isnt producing enough. when i took that test i then found out we were expecting our son{due oct 2011} my suggestion to you is try First response digital{that one was the one i used even though a week earlier i had taken anothe rbrand and it was negative}
    another thing is if you are coming off your birthcontrol your hormones can be out of wack and causing your body to think you are prego too.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2011