Don't you just hate when someone blows things out of proportion??!!

My mother just told me that she is sending money so I can take my son to Sea World for his birthday in July. Well, like I normally do, I text SO and let him know. THINKING he would say something like "we cant afford it". Well he sends "Great but doesnt mean we can go." Now money is VERY tight, she is sending enough for my son & I to get in. So I sent a :/ to him... I get "What you think we can drop 300 just like that? Cause thats how much it will cost, at least." UMMMM, really?!?! I didnt say anything. I simply sent a bummer looking face cause I know we cant and it sucks, so i get told that I should have told my mother that we cant do it.. well mister wonderful, I DID....!! WTH?! I know we are struggling, I know he is stressed cause we have a new baby and money is super tight. I told her we cant, and she's still sending money..... now he wont respond to me... maybe cause i told him he best not be mad at me cause i did nothing wrong..... I am at a loss on how to rectify the situation.. its STUPID!!!!! ok just venting.....

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 10:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• If she is paying then what is he so mad about? And $300?? I dont think so...
    Kaylapoo

Answer by Kaylapoo at 10:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• 85.00 a person to get in the gate.. and its an hour drive with our 1992 ford expl thats all metal lmao...... but hes mad cause he thinks i think its able to be done, no matter if she sends money or not..... i think it should be ok if she sending enough for my son and i to get in... and all but i dunno....
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• New mommas get stressed... but so do new daddys. Be patient. They never talk it out or vent the way we do. It should all blow over eventually... it just will take some breathing room and cool off time. Sounds like YOU have an awesome mama. Be grateful for that and her wanting to do something special for you and your LO.
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• She has her moments lol!! he is super stressed.... but I need a day out and with my son if I can.. opportunity is there.. so i half thinking... why not?!!? confusing
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• why go to sea world if its a lot of money and so far away right now? why not take ds to a local amusment park or a place like chucky cheese?
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think maybe now you're blowing his comment out of proportion. Just let it go. It's not worth it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'd take my son and go. Hubs and new baby can stay home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i dont know if we wil go... and i dunno maybe I am, but its not right for him to automatically assume im gonna take him..and with being together 4 yrs, I know when hes scolding me....... I told her, i might find something else to do with him if not take him there.... id go, cause shes paying... but its a month away.... guess i may not be explaining it properly.. oh well.. it was just a moment for me to vent . sometimes i swear he thinks i dont care about our situation when in fact i do........ but whats done is done :) now for something completely different lol
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• why can't just you take your son and let hubs vent at home... it's your sons money and your money, not his.. and it was a gift for that purpose. and if you can't do seaworld, maybe a local fair, or another place closer would be better like a local zoo or something that may be more affordable.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• my DH gets like that about money too. If I want to discuss the possibility of something he gets bent out of shape.

Anonymous