When do you start buyin things for the new bb ?

im only 12 weeks .. i need to know the sex of the baby so i could start my shpoiiiing did u do the same ? or just buy the things u see cute and nice hehehehhe

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 10:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We didn't find out the sex of either kids, so when we found cute neutral clothing, or toys, or bedding, or wbat have you, we bought it. Makes it nice that once we find out, we can start buying....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Once I found out I was having a girl I began gradually picking up things every 2 weeks when we get paid. Before I found out I did buy some neutral items (which I would recommend in case in the future you have the opposite sex. You don't have to rebuy then)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Find out we a pregnant^^
    BabyBugsmama

• I started buying some stuff right away. A crib, bottles, other neccessities. Not everything has to be blue or pink.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We knew we were having twin boys for our first pregnancy so we bought boyish things when I was about 5 months pregnant (and it was a good thing because they came soon after we started buying thins) This time around we do not know the gender and we are sticking to neutral colors.
    MaryanneMac

Answer by MaryanneMac at 11:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• with my first i didnt start buying things still i found out the sex. with my second i didnt buy anything till he was born. i got so much stuff at the babyshower :)
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We didn't really buy anything until the 2nd tri. And then we only bought if it was an exceptional deal. Finally, after our 20 week scan and learning the sex I started really shopping in earnest. I don't see anything wrong with buying early, though.
    Sally33

Answer by Sally33 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• with our son we didn't reallly start buying things until we knew the gender (unless I saw a cute toy or something that I just HAD to have lol). With this one we haven't really bought anything yet either, I think we'll wait until we know if we have a boy or girl growing inside lol! I have gotten a few little things and we'll use our son's crib and some other things we saved but other than that we'll just wait and see :)
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 11:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i found out when we found out the gender.. then what i did in terms of clothes anyway i would check out the clearance section of websites like macys or babygap or whatever u like and get things super cheap for the baby like my dd is born in june so any winter stuff they had clearance i bought in the size she would hopefully be in the winter months ,.. and etc.
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We started right away. There are tons of things that you can get now that have nothing to do with gender. Baby bath, baby wash, diapers, rash ointment, nail clipper, thermometer, ect... i always kept my eye on craigslist or cheap stuff that was practically new. There are so many parents out there that buy something new just to find out there newborn doesn't like it. I'm right there waiting for momma to post it on CL for 50% of what they paid.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011