Someone please tell me if i am using this wrong?

So i just found out on accident that there is a surprise birthday party for me today. My husband who was suppose to be headed to work showed back up at home to try to sell a lawn mower of ours and so now i know about the party....kinda a good thing b/c i have a hickey on my neck that everyone can see regardless of how i wear my hair. I have concealer but everytime i have tried to use the stuff it never covers up at all....am I doing something wrong? Its made by covergirl. Is there a specific way to use the concealer? Please someone help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You should run out and get tattoo cover up from a makeup stand at a department store...that works much better when trying to cover something. Or, you could just go to the store and but a cute scarf.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• try physicians formula multi- colored pressed powder over your concealer, its designed to blend the skin tone into one consistant color reduce redness and blotchy patches on the skin..
    or buy a white face paint and then cover with concealer and powder to even the color...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• put a spoon in the freezer and hold it to your neck and it will be gone by the end of the dayd. hopefully your party is not tonight. it always work for me.
    othella

Answer by othella at 11:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• unfortantely the party starts in an hr and a half...so I don't have time to go to the store or do the spoon idea...I wore my turtle neck shirt yesterday so debating if I want to wear it again today....i just tried green makeup and putting concealer over it...not working the greatest though :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• just go with it! everyone will know you and dh are intimate. big deal! yes, someone will talk, either out loud or in whisper, but it is what it is.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• dab don't rub.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• once you get the concealer on make sure you rub the edges in good then apply a powder over top to set it.. otherwise it's going to keep coming off.. otherwise, there's nto much you can do with it..
    you can the spoon in the freezer first, then apply the concealer right before the party.. maybe do a trendy scarf? or a large necklace my distract from it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I don't get hickeys.....my husband tries but, there is never anything there, LOL. In a way I'm glad but, I don't understand it.
    Him on the other hand...slightest try and the blood comes right to surface and stays for DAYS!

I would recommend the Physicians Formula also though...it's good at covering up dis-colorations just like she said.

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• regular concealer won't work, you have to get something like "extra help" by beauticontrol
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Derma-Blend is the best cover up in the world. It covers up tattoos, skin discolorations, spider veins... I mean EVERYTHING. It's expensive though, so if the hickey thing is only a once-and-a-while thing then it may not be worth it for you.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2011