Any one ever use Oil of Oregano for an ear infection?

Someone told me to rub it on the outside of your ear. I was wondering if it works?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Health

• YES !... I HAVE ! I grow oregano---and I also heard that oregano oil is good for ear infections. SO... I cut some fresh oregano and crushed the leaves a little. I put plenty of it in a bottle half filled with olive oil. I let it set, actually for about 6 months. it was really strong when I warmed some of it and put it by drops into my cat's ears for his ear infection and ear mites !...

IT WORKED ! He got well and the oil also killed the ear mites !
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 11:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I used warmed olive oil, and reduced the pain. I put it in the ear though, a couple of drops.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No, not for an ear infection but we gargle with it for a sore throat.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I agree with armywife. A few drops, and a cotton ball on the outside, The oil loosens the wax and draws it out to the cotton.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I thought oil or oregano was for a tooth ache? I use sweet oil for an earache, warmed just a little. I've heard of garlic oil (warm olive oil with some fresh garlic in it) for an ear infection though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Oregano oil is good for infections but I don't think I would use it in your ear though as it is VERY strong and your ears are very sensitive.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Garlic has an antibiotic effect. So, garlic oil may work too. I've used clove oil for a toothache, I think it's but it's better to just put a hot tea bag on the sore tooth for a temporary fix.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 1:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011