Yeast infection or possible mucus plug.....?(warning, details)

I went to the doctor Monday for my 37 week check and I have a yeast infection and a UTI. Odd thing is I have had both in the past and I had no clue. I have been given meds to clear them up, but lately when I go to the restroom I notice large clumps of something. A think off white something.
Could it be my infections clearing up, or possibly my mucus plug?
It isnt slimy looking, just think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• spotting or bleeding ,discharge that looks like cottage cheese
    ,discharge that smells like yeast or bread ....green or yellow discharge ....irritation or itching of the vaginal lips .....pain during urination or sex

If you have any of these call your doc asap,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• IT SOUNDS MORE LIKE THE YEAST. THE MP WILL BE SLIMY.
    AND IF IT IS CHUNKY YA DEFINITELY THE INFECTION.
    YOU COULD HAVE BV,IT IS VERY COMMON LIKE A YEAST INFECTION.
    NEITHER ARE MUCH TO WORRY ABOUT, THEY WILL JUST IRRITATE YOU IF ANYTHING. THE BABY WILL NOT BE EFFECTED THROUGH VAGINAL BIRTH. BUT MAKE SURE YOU TELL YOUR DR BECAUSE USUALLY AN INFECTION WILL START CLEARING UP THE DAY AFTER YOU START THE MEDS. THEY TEND TO GIVE SMALLER DOSAGES OF MEDS WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT SO YOU MAY NEED A LITTLE MORE TO HELP THE INFECTION CLEAR UP COMPLETELY.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2008