Do dads take the kids off ur hands?

How many fathers take your kids out for the day or just a few hours, so Mom can have a break? I am not talking the Dad's who are divorced or separated who have their specified times with their kids. I am asking couples who are together & Mom u r usually the one spending the majority of time with the kids. Does ur significant other give you a break, how often & for how long? & how many kids do u have. I have just one right now, the second is due in December.

deniselvt

Asked by deniselvt at 11:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine has when I asked.

If this is your first child my best advice is to NOT expect your husband to be a mind reader.
    If there is something you would like him to do politely ask him to do it.... and let him do it HIS way.
    Moms and dads do things differently but they both love their children and he would never do anything to hurt the child. So if he isnt doing it like you would, just accept it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I take off for an hour or two at a time about every other Saturday, but that's it, dh works his tail off all week long, so he needs a break too.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Oh... silly me. Your last sentence says that this is your second... so you already know what I typed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• My husband is great about it, for example, today- I was going grocery shopping and he was going to take my son for a haircut, my daughter went with him, so I could grocery shop alone. But he is always great about it. Our kids, our responsibility.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yep. I haven't been feeling well this week, and Wed/Thurs nights hardly slept, so he got up with the kids and let me sleep in. Same this morning, but he got them all ready to go and took them to a parade while I slept longer. Now I'm sitting here enjoying the silence in the house that he also cleaned yesterday ;).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We have 2 children, and he doesn't take them alone too often. He works 72 hours a week, and on his day off is usually busy working outside. But if I am having problems and I ask him to help, his is always more than happy to lend a hand.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• sometimes.. unless hes playing PS3 lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 11:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• All the time. Today for instance he has them in a 4 hour baseball tourney while I'm home doing or not doing anything I want to.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Mine does this a lot, he will take them to the park ,out to play or whatever , we have 5 dd's
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• my So will give me a break i am 7months preggo and last week i mentioned i needed to go get some clothes , he told me to just go and leave my 2.5 year old with him .. i got home he had given him a bath and then told me to step away from the sink he was going to do the dishes too
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2011