Irregular contractions!!

ive been having irregular contractiosn since thursday.... today i was having them evry 4 min from 830 am and they jsut stopped...i already had my bloody show and am 39 wks... i cant take all this second guessing and my body is getting super tired... any tips to get this baby rocking and rolling...

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Relax and try to get some sleep. You're body may need a little break before it kicks into gear. GL...it sounds like it won't be too long.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• it sounds like you are nearly there! for my last baby, i had my longest labor, but what brought me into true labor was a little nap.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• hmmm napppsss...i have 2 kids at home by myself right now otherwise i would totally nap... lol
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I highly recommend lots of walking and squatting. That is what helped start my laboring process.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i had 4 kids at home, with my mom and 2 midwives. i thought for sure that being with the kids and out walking would get my contractions regular...but it was the nap! how old are your kids? maybe they can watch a movie, and you can take a nap?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• my kids are 4 and 2 ...
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• o i love these questions, speaking form experience bc my frist one was major irregular for two days- i walked and walked and drank some water too, i was told about foot rubs-which i dont know if it works but after all that walking it feels great! also get some love in with the hubby or bf before baby gets here, do some cooking to pass the time while your body gets going, and someone had suggested to me eat some real spicey food- i never tried it im not a fan but who knows?
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I've heard that spicey food and castor oil and all that are myths. The only real thing that they even think works is stimulating your nipples because it contracts your ueturas. Its the same effect as when you are breast feeding your baby and you get crampy. You could try, it cant really hurt anything.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011