Has anyone felt contractions like this?

I hear a lot of people describing labor contractions starting in thier back and moving to thier front. I am on my third pregnancy and have never felt them in my back. I start to feel them in the middle of my belly, they grow to cover the top, then sides, then bottom and then fade away. Anyone else expierenced this without starting in the back?

MommyShannon90

Asked by MommyShannon90 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was the same as you... i never had any back pain :)
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I always had back pain until I hit about 5cm and then it would be the same as what you have experienced.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yes both times i went into labor with my daughter { i had preterm and then delivered 2 months later} they would start on the top of my tummy and it felt like a wave move down to my groin area and into my legs. i never really had contractions in my back, just the normal wear and tear you get during pregnancy -including this pregnancy :)

17 weeks in counting!
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I never felt them in my back either, just in the front (one labor induced with Pitocin, one all natural). I've heard that Pit causes them to be lower in the front, and that an OP baby can be what causes the back labor....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2011