What good this be...?

My daughter has a small patch of hair missing on her head (smaller than a dime) it is flat but around it also has red scabbing like look ( not so much like a scab) but like when you scratch yourself and it only bleeds alittle and dries up.
What do you think it is?
What is ringworm? If you know I appreciate it, I know I still have to take her to the doctor. soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• Sounds like ringworm to me. It is not really a worm it is from the same fungus that causes atheletes foot. She will need a cream and now..it itches. and if untreated will get bigger and bigger and her hair may not grow back in that spot. It is very catchy! It will not go away if you do not keep putting the cream on. We used to see a lot of this in a low income daycare...not that poor people get it...it just seems like those parents are so busy just trying to survive that they become lax when it comes to keeping up with keeping the cream on their kids. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• sounds like ringworm?? But do take her to a doctor ASP, it may grow and she may lose more hair.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2008