Child with red spots on torso

I had noticed on my dd's chest there was a patch of skin, looked like a rash, a little discolored and it began peeling in the center. I put altabax on it (for impetigo), it didn't do much though. It hasn't been getting better or worse, but I noticed this morning that she now has little red spots all over her torso, on her stomach, sides, and back. There are 23 of them all sorta spread out, some of them also are beginning to peel from the center. The one on her chest is about the size of a dime, the smaller ones are the size of a pimple. Do any of you know what this is? I'm a little worried, I hope it's just a rash that'll go away, I hope it isn't anything serious. They don't itch or bother her.

momov4kids

Asked by momov4kids at 12:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Kids' Health

• google some pictures of chicken pox, and see how that compares
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• At first I was going to say it sounds like ringworm,, do the itch?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• could be psoriasis or excema.. try a liquid vitamin d3 oil... but i'd take her to a dermatologist or the pedi doc and have her checked out..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• have you tried gold bond power? might give a little relief.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• she might be alregic to something. that happens to me if i eat 2 much soy
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 1:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• They don't itch, it does look a little like chicken pox, but she had the immunization, and they would itch wouldn't they? I looked up ringworm, it doesn't look like it's that. She hasn't eaten anything that she hasn't had before, haven't switched any products.
    momov4kids

Comment by momov4kids (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Chicken pox vaccine does not prevent CP, it makes it less severe if a child gets it. It's still possible to get them even if they've been vacced. I'd be calling the doctor.
    Anonymous

• could you post a picture? might be easier for us to understand. about how big are the "dots" ?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• It sounds like psoriasis
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 12:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• Found out it's a harmless rash, it's actually a virus, there's nothing I can do for the rash, like any virus, it has to run its course and it will go away on its own in a few weeks. Thank you for your help though!
    momov4kids

Comment by momov4kids (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2011