Alabama immigration crackdown

so now they're saying kids that enroll in school has to prove they are citizens. sorry, no link.

what do you think? IMO, my tax dollars shouldn't be going to those who don't pay taxes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/09/alabama-governor-signs-tough-immigration-law/?iref=allsearch -- I included a link to a CNN article for those who have a problem with Fox News.

I don't think tax dollars should go to those who are in this country illegally, either.  If you're here illegally and you want help to get legal, fine; I think you should be helped all you can be helped IF you can prove you've applied for citizenship.  But we have a limited "pie", so to speak, and a slice of "pie" that goes to someone here illegally *cannot* go to someone here legally who also needs it.

tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 12:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I disagree all children deserve a chance at an education no matter who it is I dont discriminate.my goodness they are children,money is not everything.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 12:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Immigrants pay literally billions of dollars in both state and federal taxes. You will find more people on cafe mom who receive government assistance while not having to pay taxes than immigrants who do.
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• There is an initiative in NC for a child to prove citizenship status when they enroll. The child will not be denied education, but the sponsors of the bill are trying to get a handle on just how much of the NC budget goes to educate illegals in my state. We are looking at a huge educational budget deficit with class size in middle and high school up to 50 kids per class (we can legally teach 150 students per day so this is the max.), no supplies to speak of, no textbooks (none of my students were issued a math book this year - not enough to go around), and teacher lay-off. They want to know how many people go to school and pay no taxes that pay for education. I have no idea what they plan to do with the information just that they want it. I don't know if it will pass.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Immigrants pay literally billions of dollars in both state and federal taxes.

I would love to see where you got your figures. There is a family of immigrants at my school with 4 kids just at our school. There are 10 kids in all. None of them have soc. sec. numbers. They have numbers issued by the school district so they can go to school. How does this family claim dependents with no soc. sec. numbers? If there is a system for this problem, they aren't the only family. I question 'billions'. Plus, so many of these people are paid 'under the table'. No taxes there.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think it is great! "Perks" like education and medical care are part of the lure that brings the illegals here. We are obligated to our citizens FIRST. Legal children are first in line...and at 50 kids to the classroom and not enough books to go round...the line is very short.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I agree. I am tired of putting taxes into a bunch of free loaders!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

Please explain how illegals pay taxes then? Federal and state? How can they with no SSN? Stealing SSN doesnt count either.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I don't have a problem with this. I have to prove that my children are citizens and I also have to prove where I live when enrolling my kids in school, why shouldn't the rule apply to EVERYONE?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011