Baby measuring small.

At 34 weeks I measured to be 33 weeks. Still at 37 weeks (she didn't say what i was measuring this time) I am measuring, "pretty small". I go in for an untra sound tomorrow.

Anything I should worry about such as them inducing me becuase she stoped growing, having my due date be WAY off, or just having a small baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you will probably just have a small baby ;) .. dont worry too much until you dont know whats going on... they told me the same when i was 28weeks pregnant... and then at 35 weeks the same information.. and it turned out our daughter was skinny and tall... same as her daddy and grandma :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I've heard people say they were measuring small and then ended up having a pretty good sized baby. You just never know until he/she is here! Congratulations! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I had the opposite issue. I was losing weight FAST and every time they measured me, I measured 4-6 weeks ahead. So after about 4 ultra sounds, they determined that it was me and not him. He was right on schedule, but I was growing up in stead of out, so it was throwing off the measurements. It could be that your uterus is not growing out like they think and its hidden withing you, if that makes sense. It usually is not a clear sign of the baby not doing well, just your body. I am sure it will all be fine. Hang in there!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Ultrasound measurements and fundal height measurements can be 2 weeks off in either direction. My friend was induced because they estimated the baby to weigh over 9 lbs based on US...when her daughter was born she weighed in at a little over 7lbs. Babies also grow in spurts like children do. Next week you could possibly be measuring a week ahead of schedule! Just make sure you are eating well, staying hydrated, avoiding caffeine/cigarettes/alcohol/etc, and gaining the appropriate amount of weight. Good luck
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2008