Would you agree or disagree that Men....

Need respect in the same way a woman needs love? I've been reading this very good book that describes the different needs of women and men in a marriage relationship and it's called "Love & Respect"..and I think it describes very well what a husband and wife need in order to have a greater relationship. It's by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Having now been married for more than 46 years, I can tell you that this is the absolute truth. I only wish these kinds of books had been around when we started our life together. Unfortunately, I've had to learn many of these truths the hard way--by experience, doing it the wrong way and having to try again!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Speaking from my life experience, men and women both need love and respect.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 12:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think all humans need love & respect. Gender has nothing to do w/ it imo.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I do agree..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 12:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yes... I agree
    Anonymous

• i do think men need respect a lot of times men are raised to almost confuse the 2.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 12:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• There is a book called The 5 Love Languages and you might like that one as well. It talks about how some people may think love is shown by bringing gifts and another feels loved by recieving lots of compliments. So if a couple doesn't know their partner's Love Language there may be a woman complaining that her husband always brings her flowers but never compliments or acknowledges things that she does. It's interesting
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 1:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• In this book it states the love language of men verses women. For men..respect = love, and women need to know that their man is loyal and will be there to support(provide) for them, which for women = love. I highly recommend this book, and I do believe that if a couple implements this concept in their marriages, it will save them from many a misunderstanding in their current relationships.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yup I agree 100%!!! All people need love & respect and I feel a lot of times men are treated like children and told what they can and can't do, well after a while the men get tired of that treatment and the love they show you as a woman will stop, men deserve to be treated good in all parts of life just like women do.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• The thing I have realized is that oftentimes I take the childrearing instinct into overdrive inside of my own marriage..and sadly have tried to impliment this into my marriage in terms of always thinking that I know whats best for my husband...how he should act, dress, and feel. Instead of really listening to him, I have put words in his mouth and then later wonder why he has chosen to work longer hours instead of come home to be around me and the children. I know now that I need to be his wife instead of his mother..and appreciate and RESPECT more how hard he has worked in order to provide for us and the family, and to truly listen to how he feels instead of stating how I think he feels and imposing my own mindset onto him. I've got a lot of work to do, and I need to really appreciate what he brings to my life, instead of always being a martyr about how much I am doing all the time. Thanks for responding all:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011