Terrible day, yesterday... MUST VENT

Sorry everyone but crazy times will drive me crazy if I don't get to vent it out...

So yesterday a girl I was friends with until a week ago decides to call me. She treated me like crap and I told her id no longer let her treat me that way. She knew my DH and I have been having problems lately, but she didnt know we've worked them out since I last talked to her. One week she's fussing me out at work bc she's angry I've excelled quicker and a manager told her shes unqualified for filling in some of the things I do at work. She's been wrkn there for over a year, she got me the job six months ago. I didn't mean to offend her by applying myself but i can't walk on tip toes at work bc someone else is jealous I'm good at my job... So one wk she's cussing me out and i politely (outside of work) ended our friendship. The next she calls me saying she saw my DH at a strip bar getting wasted with some other woman. The night in question... I was sitting next to him at home! I'm pretty upset shed make up something like that regardless of whether she hates me now or what, we were friends for six years. I didn't want to be friends but I still wanted to be on okay terms, again, we work together and have mutual friends. Anyway she does that, I go to work to find she's telling ppl I'm pregnant (I'm not), she's telling everyone at work I flipped on her when I never did, and shes told ppl at work that my DH has cheated on me when he hasn't. I'm so tired of explaining to work associates that I just dnt think those topics belong at work & they are untrue. Every day there's something new people confront me about and I'm trying so hard to avoid this kind of thing. Then last night to top everything off were incredibly short staffed, have 4 ppl to close our store and I work at a very large store... Then on my lunch break I see a man punch and push a pregnant lady who ended up having a miscarriage, and another guy pulled out a gun and I had to call 911... Yesterday was a long day. And I hope now that I've vented today may not he as bad... Whoo!

kpincince

Asked by kpincince at 12:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• OMG that woman sounds like a nightmare! I wish you didn't have to work with her so you could completely blow her off! It has to be sickening to repeatedly explain yourself to people when it is not their business if any of it were even true!
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 12:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• boy and I thought my day was bad yesterday!
    you win big time!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Oh. Wow. That's harsh! BIG HUGS!!!!!

As for her slanderous rumors. The easiest one to disprove will be your pregnancy. As the months go by and you don't show signs of pregnancy the other co workers may finally get the clue that she's spreading lies. And, GOOD FOR YOU for taking the high road and refusing to gossip at work.

My only other advice is to go to your manager and explain to her what this former friend is doing and that you'd appreciate it if she'd stop. I'm not sure the manager can really do anything, but at least s/he'll be aware that this woman is spreading false rumors.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• People will soon see through all she is doing. If it were me,,, I wouldn't give it any power. Ignore it and consider the source. She is jealous. Do not stoop to her level or try and reason with her at this point. You are not dealing with "normal". I actually have some pity for her. She must be a very miserable person to be acting like this. Rise above it and just smile and be polite ( act as if none of this had happened) or she has control over you. Eventually carma will bite her hard......As far as co-workers coming to you, just let them know someone is trying to create problems- make sure to laugh it off, it will help you get through this and she will soon get tired of it and run out of things to say. It sounds like she needs a good slap, keep us posted Good Luck...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would just ignor her and go about your business. ppl like should not be in your circle of friends. Way to stressful.
    JacobsMom1969

Answer by JacobsMom1969 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I agree with rosehawk you need to go to the manager and let her know the situation even if they can't do anything about it because it seems to me that the more you ignore that woman the worse the rumors and lies are becoming and you don't want to loose your job over it it's bad enough there with out that added stress... be careful and stay safe and don't stoop to her level in the end everyone will see her for what she is....and it seems to me she is very jealous of you ... so don't share your personal life at work... with friends and watch your back!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 1:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'd have a talk with the manager. She's bringing in way too much drama, and even though sooner or later she will probably flip at work and get herself fired, but that won't be such a great thing. She needs to go. The manager needs to know what she's doing.
    Your day WAS way horrible. I hope you don't have another one. Like, ever.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I'm sorry you had a bad day. I would talk to your boss about "your friend's" behavior. She might get fired over the harrassment, but she needs to learn a lesson.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• eek at least your being the better person and you have all us on cafemom :)
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011