Is it normal to already be feeling the babys heartbeat?

i am 11 weeks pregnant and i can feel/see the babys heart beat

vanessacuervo75

Asked by vanessacuervo75 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it's possible that early.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Is it when you put your hand on your belly? You have arteries that travel down through your body. They will thump and I can even see my belly bump when it does and I'm not even pregnant. When I was, everyone thought it was the baby kicking
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 1:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I have two kids, I was never able to see or feel their heartbeat or ever heard of anyone ever being able to see/feel it, that's your own bodies movements. If I'm really calm and relaxed I can see my body thumping from my heartbeat
    Anonymous

• I am 37 weeks just about and I to this day do not feel the babies heart beat, so I don't know what your talking about. I feel him move like crazy, and I see him move around my tummy, but I don't feel a heartbeat. I feel hiccups. and It's pretty impossible to feel the baby even move at 11 weeks.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• ITs your heartbeat you feel, one of your main veins run through your stomach and thats why you can see it, my belly does it too and im 19 weeks
    zackarysmommy

Answer by zackarysmommy at 1:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• yea i think your crazy. its not possible especially at 11 weeks to see it or feel it. That is your own body, heart, and blood flow.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I know what you are talking about, but it is your heartbeat and bloodflow that you are hearing and seeing. later in your pregnancy you will be able to see and feel hiccups and you will be able to see and feel movement. I also felt a movement in which I wasn't sure what it was, but it was actually baby practicing breathing. I had to ask the doc about it, but my girls would be so enclosed in there and didn't have much room and I could actually feel that movement...it was kinda neat.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i would think you are feeling the increase of blood in your own body and its giving you the impression of the babys heartbeat- i had the same questions too early in this pregnancy :)
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I agree with everyone else. Its not possible to feel or see the baby's heartbeat no matter how far along you are. You can hear the baby's heartbeat throughout your pregnancy with one of those doppler things. You can see and feel baby move around and hiccups when you get farther along. The only way you see and feel a baby's heartbeat is after the baby is born. I bet if you ask your doctor about this they will tell you thats its your own body.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2011