Do you have Girls/Boys bathrooms in your home?

We do. 

We used to have Master bath for DH & me and then the kids bathroom and a guest bath but, when we moved into a 1940's house there were only 2 bathrooms and none were Master. 

So, for awile DH & I shared the larger bath and gave the kids the smaller bath with only the shower/no tub. 

As the girls got older and we had cabinets and drawers absolutely running over with makeup, hair junk, tampons, pads etc etc.....I switched things around to Mom & the girls sharing 1 bathroom (and organized each with her own drawers for makeup/hair stuff) and then the boys bathroom which I made sort of "man cave'ish",lol.  It works out so much better.

and, for certain things....we don't have to wait to go into the bathroom when someone is showering, because you can't see through our shower curtains.  It just really relieved alot of aggrevation and waiting on someone to come out or get done.

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 1:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Only one bathroom for 7 of us! Plus we have no bathtub, only a shower. I would love to have separate bathrooms.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• We have 4 bathrooms everyone has their own.

Answer by older at 1:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• No
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• kind of but not really.

We have two bathrooms upstairs - master and the one my girls use.
    We have two bathrooms downstairs - powder and the one my son uses.

mainly we do it that way because my son is a neat kid and a bit of a germaphobe where as my oldest dd is a total slob.
    Anonymous

• I wish we did! Two bathrooms would be heaven. I hate not having a "guest" bath when people come to visit, I always feel weird about people seeing my product or trying to find a new towel and snooping through everything.

I would for sure kick the boys to the guest bath and make them clean it!
    Anonymous

• doesn't sound like a bad idea
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• we have three bathrooms the one downstairs is a half bath that most people use. My family uses mine when they come to stay but i have a vanity outside of it so i store most of my things there . the kids use the other one upstiars
    mamajmm81

Answer by mamajmm81 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We don't need one, my son is 15 months. But it seems like a good idea for us if we have more kids and 3 bathrooms. I won't be sharing one with the kids unless I have to.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We have 1 bathroom, period, for everyone. Sucks, since there are 6 of us.
    Anonymous

• We have the upstairs bathroom that is currently only used by the boys because they are the only ones that use the upstairs bedrooms. We have two downstairs bathrooms, one is our daughters/guest as it has a door into the kitchen and into her bedroom. The other bathroom is the master.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2011