Do you encourage your husband to go out with friends?

I wish my husband would go out with friends once in a while. He works hard and then comes home to zone out with the tv. I think if he had some time out, a couple times a month, he may be more present and interactive when he is home.

Everyone needs time to themself and time with friends, right?

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 1:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• yes, i always encouraged him to go out more often (without me) but even more-so now that he's been unemployed for almost 3 months. being around eachother ALL DAY EVERYDAY is driving both of us mad. now i'm on the verge of practically begging our mutual guy friends to come kidnap him.. lol. we typically settle for another mutual friend couple over and the 4 of us hang out together after the kids are in bed. we have 3 kids so it's hard to find a sitter, but i have anxiety so i prefer to stay home anyway. but i am all for him getting out of the house for a while! he just never does.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• With my exdh I did and his friends are actually the ones that tore us apart with their bar hopping and staying out until 4am every weekend thing.

This time around, he had bowling night and weekend fishing with his buddies but bowling night stopped because he can't drink with the guys and drive 45 minutes home and fishing happens so rarely that I just kick him out to fish and have his man time alone on saturday mornings and after work once a week. he enjoys
    Anonymous

• I don't. Don't like his friends. They are really into finding ladies. I could do without it.
    Anonymous

• Mine is a homebody. He has very little interest or desire in going out with friends, although he will once in a great great while. He prefers just to stay at home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• no he can stay his ass home esp if i am
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes i do We are very different in our interests, so I encourage him to do things that he likes to do, and that will make him a happier person. I want him to do things for himself. I know that continuing to have some things that we do by ourselves or with friends, helps us out a lot. I get to go out and kareoke with my girls once in a while, or have a chick flick night with my bestie, and my SO has jam sessions with his friends. It works for us.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• no i don't need to he just does it. he always asks me to go with him but i sometimes say no
    unfortunately SO asked me "you don't like my friends or what?" lol im like nooo that's not it at all, you guys just do boy stuff
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes, my husband is always refreshed and more helpful and sweet after a sanity break with his buddies.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 3:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2011