Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Is there a way to complain about a police officer?

The town cop sent my bff home with her newborn daughter and her abusive, alcoholic ex. He told my bff that she can't kick him out even though his name is not on the mortgage and it's not listed as his mailing address. Her ex took her car without permission and the cop told her he would give HER a ticket next time he caught the ex driving. He also threatened to give her a ticket because they were fighting on mainstreet. And then he tells her she should get home, it's too cold for the baby. ASS!

Is there anything she can do?

*Edit* We only have one cop in our town.


Asked by Shanna84 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 24 (18,695 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Everybody has a boss, so go above him and report him to his boss. What a total ASS to tell a woman to live with such an ass of a man, and then tell her he'd hold her responsible for his actions. Put his dumb ass out, change the locks and get the keys to the car and if he bothers you call the cop, and if he doen't help you, tell him you can and will report him. Also get a restraining order, it may MAKE the stupid cop be more on your side, what is he a buddy of the guy you live with? I'd also start writing things down so you have it in writing to report dates and times, esp. if the cop doesn't help you. GOD forbid something happen to you, he'll then be a real sorry ass cop and you'll have your times and dates in writing. All of our police have to have a report written up and have it on record does yours?

    Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • call the station and speak to a supierior

    Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • sure, report him to the police station.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • Yes, kick out her EX. Take away his keys to the car & stay home & take care of her baby. Why is she fighting on main street? Why is she allowing her EX who is that bad to stay in her house? A Cop can't send/make you to live with anyone!! C'mon. He is probably trying to keep her off the streets. See it for what it is. She has free will. Let her get a restraining order on her EX.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • Report him to the police chief.
    But I would think she should be spending her time and energy on getting her life in order and file with the police a compaint against the abusive ex.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 1:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • There has to be some oen over him. He isnt self-employed. I would figure ti out and then kick the ex out and change the locks.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • Call the sheriff's office and ask them who you should talk to - sheriffs are over town cops so they should be able to help out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • Take the child and leave!!!

    Answer by dancer at 2:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • Sorry for what your friend is going through, but he did his job. She should leave if she truly feels in danger. He doesn't have to be on a lease, deed, mortgage etc. It sucks. Can you take her in for a bit, or offer to find a woman's shelter?

    Answer by Christine0813 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2011