easy first veggies to plant

what are some easy veggies to plant for my first attempt at veggie growing

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Carrots, my daughter just loved picking them and would eat them right out of the garden. It was so much fun. We also did sugar snap peas.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Peppers and tomatoes. Always wash your hands before you touch your plants - it helps keep plant viruses at bay.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 2:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would say tomatoes, peppers and green beans. Be careful you get the right kind of peppers however. If your kids are going to be in the garden, I'd avoid anything other than bell peppers. Sometimes touching other peppers (jalapenos, chiles, etc.) then touching your eyes is a receipe for disaster.
    knitnerd83

Answer by knitnerd83 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Tomatoes are by far the easiest. Make sure you buy disease resistant and pest resistant varieties. =) Have fun!! I love growing tomatoes!!!
    NewArrival

Answer by NewArrival at 11:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Tomatoes, peppers, green beans, and cucumbers are easy too if you remember that they are mostly water...so water the crap out of them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:32 AM on Dec. 12, 2008